Online academic support: anytime, anywhere.
Penn State Lehigh Valley has partnered with SMARTHINKING to offer live tutoring anytime, from anywhere. Students will receive real-time assistance in math, chemistry, bilingual math, physics, organic chemistry, biology, intro to anatomy & physiology, economics, introductory finance, accounting, and statistics. Writing support for all subjects is also provided through the online writing lab.
By offering online tutoring through SMARTHINKING, Penn State Lehigh Valley is making convenient and easy-to-use academic assistance available to students despite the time of day or their location. The service is especially helpful to those students who might not ordinarily be able to take advantage of traditional face-to-face tutoring or on-campus resources, such as commuter students, students studying late at night, or any student with a hectic schedule.
With SMARTHINKING Online Tutoring, you can:
- Connect with a tutor and interact live.
- Submit your writing for any class to the Online Writing Lab.
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor.
To Access SMARTHINKING Online Tutoring services:
- Request access to SMARTHINKING by signing up in the Learning Center or emailing email@example.com.
- Allow 1 to 2 business days for you to be added to the SMARTHINKING ANGEL group.
- Log into ANGEL.
- Click on the group labeled "LV SMARTHINKING Online Tutoring." *
- Follow the directions on the ANGEL page to register and enter into SMARTHINKING.
*NOTE: The "LV SMARTHINKING Online Tutoring" ANGEL group is available only to students currently taking classes at Penn State Lehigh Valley. Students are provided with 5 hours of online tutoring. Please use your online tutoring sessions wisely.