201 Saucon Building
The University Health Services assists in maintaining and promoting the health of students. Every student is required to complete an online health history and immunization form. (Students born in 1956 or before are exempt.) Health services are made available to students at most campuses. (All medical information is kept confidential under the University Policy on Confidentiality of Student Records.) The University does not obligate itself for payment of medical services other than those provided by personnel employed or retained by the University and in facilities owned or contracted for or by the University. Treatment provided in contract facilities must be authorized by the campus executive officer or nurse. Students are urged to protect themselves against medical expenses that may be a result of injury or illness by arranging for personal insurance coverage.
The Health Center is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call 610-295-5080. Please report any accidents, illnesses, or hospital treatment to Health Services immediately.
MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDANCE
Students will need to comply with the University’s immunization requirements. Students will record immunization and health history information online at www.sa.psu.edu/uhs; select Medical Entrance Requirements for New Students. Students may visit the Health Center to discuss the requirements with the campus nurse.
HEALTH AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE
Insurance is not provided by the University, but is highly recommended for students to have some form of medical coverage. Accident and sickness insurance is available online to all students. This program is sponsored by University Health Services. This is a voluntary plan with a variety of benefits tailored to student needs. Insured students should determine if their service area includes the Lehigh Valley in their provider service region to be eligible for coverage of medical expenses. For additional information, visit www.uhcsr.com/PennState.
SIMPLE STEPS FOR SUBMITTING HEALTH INFORMATION TO UNIVERSITY PARK HEALTH SERVICES
1. Obtain the necessary information (immunization records from your family M.D. or use your immunization records from High School) to submit on line.
2. Access University Park's home page either directly or thorough our campus web site and click on Penn State Home (lower left hand corner of the screen).
3. Click on Current Students
4. Click on Health Services
5. Click on "Click Here" (Medical Requirements for New Students)
6. If for any reason you make a mistake, you may contact University Park @ 814-863-1975 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Print a copy of the information you submit for your record. You will need this information again!
HEALTH SERVICES POLICY
- The University Health Service assists in maintaining and promoting the health of students.
- The Lehigh Valley campus is equipped with a health center and employs the services of a registered nurse.
- A local physician is available for consultation and referral.
- All new students must complete an online health history and immunization form. http:www.sa.psu.edu/uhs
- The University does not obligate itself for payment of medical services other than those provided by personnel employed or retained by the University and in facilities owned or contracted for by the University.