Certificate in Corporate Communication
Professionals who already hold a bachelor’s degree will broaden their employment horizons in marketing, advertising, public relations, communication, and customer service through Penn State’s Certificate in Corporate Communication.
This certificate program offers instruction in creating and maintaining the image of an organization, working with the media, and advising on strategy and policy.
The Certificate in Corporate Communication will enhance your current professional skill set by preparing you to demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze and apply the principles of effective public relations management
- Write and prepare public relations materials for the media
- Reach customers through various conventional and technological channels
- Compose and construct sophisticated, multi-sensory, multi-media web text
- Understand domestic and global economic factors influencing current marketing environments
- Target consumer, business, and organizational customers
- Measure, analyze and utilize market research data
- Enhance speech communication skills needed in organizations
*Minimum education requirement for this certificate program is a bachelor’s degree.
Principles of Marketing (MKTG 5023) - Focuses on customer behavior, product, channels of distribution, promotion, and pricing with emphasis on a culturally diverse environment.
Public Relations and Marketing (MKTG 5740) - The role of public relations in a company's efforts to manufacture and market its products and services. (Prerequisite MKTG 5023)
Effective Communication in the Business World (CAS 5006) - This course examines the function and structure of communication in both formal and informal situations.
The Media and Public Relations (COMM 5083) - Publicity strategies involving a variety of media resources. (Prerequisite MKTG 5740)
Writing for the Web (ENGL 5177) - Analysis and composition of informative, persuasive, and "creative" Web texts, based on rhetorical principles.
Each course costs $599
For more information about this program, contact:
Faculty Program Coordinator
610-285-5125 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Penn State Lehigh Valley
Continuing Education and
2809 Saucon Valley Road
Center Valley, PA 18034-8447
The Penn State Center @ Overlook Park
445 Hanover Avenue
Allentown, PA 18109