Physical Therapy Aide Program Begins Oct. 4
Physical Therapy has become a valuable part of total patient care and rehabilitation. Physical Therapy Aides, under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist, assist with specific components of treatment interventions.
This comprehensive 50-hour Physical Therapy Aide Program prepares students for the growing field of Physical Therapy. This program includes the following areas:
- Introduction to Physical Therapy; History and Evolution of Physical Therapy, role of PT Aide in the rehabilitation team
- Abbreviations and medical terminology
- Anatomical positions, Structures of the Musculoskeletal System and function of each (Bones, Ligaments, Tendons, Cartilage, Muscles, Joints)
- Basic Anatomy
- Range of motion exercises
- Ambulation and gait training
- Measuring Vital Signs; Disorders of the Circulatory System
- Strengthening and Exercise
- Types of physical therapy modalities
- Students will also perform and be evaluated on common clinical skills necessary to function as a physical therapy aide including patient positioning and transfer, use of transfer belt, ambulation using crutches, walker, and cane, range of motion exercises and obtaining accurate vital signs.
Note: This program is intended to train students for entry level Physical Therapy Aide positions or to prepare students for a more formal longer term program.
Schedule and Cost
Schedule: Classes will be held at our Center Valley Campus, 2809 Saucon Valley Road, Center Valley, PA
9am to 3 pm, Saturdays, October 4th through December 13th (no class November 29th)
Registration and More Information
Penn State Lehigh Valley
2809 Saucon Valley Road
Center Valley, PA 18034-8447
The Penn State Center @ Overlook Park
445 Hanover Avenue
Allentown, PA 18109