Pharmacy Technician Program Begins Spring, 2015
The need for Pharmacy Technicians continues to grow with demand expected to increase substantially through 2014. Technicians work under the supervision of a registered pharmacist in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, community pharmacies and other healthcare settings. This high demand for pharmacy technicians is the result of a multitude of factors including the constant availability of new drugs, the national shortage of registered pharmacists, the establishment of certified pharmacy technicians, and the aging population. Approximately 400,000 technicians will be employed by the year 2018 to meet our nation’s growing healthcare demands.
This 50-hour program will prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and to pursue certification in the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s exam. The course covers the following key areas and topics:
- Pharmacy calculations
- Medical terminology specific to the pharmacy
- Skills to read and interpret prescriptions
- Review of the top 200 drugs
- Skills to identify drugs by generic and brand names
- Dosage calculations, I.V. flow rates, drug compounding, and dose conversions
- Dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control, and billing and reimbursement
Schedule and Cost
Check back to learn more about our Spring 2015 offering, classes begin in March.
Registration and More Information
For more information, contact Diane McAloon at 610-285-5066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Penn State Lehigh Valley
2809 Saucon Valley Road
Center Valley, PA 18034-8447
The Penn State Center @ Overlook Park
445 Hanover Avenue
Allentown, PA 18109