What is Dual Enrollment?
The dual enrollment program is designed for exceptional high school students who wish to enroll in a maximum of eight credits per semester at the Pennsylvania State University as a supplement to their high school level courses.
- Applicants must complete eleventh grade before attending class.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average in grades nine through eleven.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of the high school principal or his/her representative.
- To recommend them as having the potential for achieving in college level courses.
- To certify that enrollment in college-level courses will not jeopardize their graduation from high school on schedule.
- Applicants must meet the academic prerequisites for courses in which they plan to enroll.
- Applicants must take Penn State placement exams before enrolling in English, Math, or Chemistry.
- Applicants who wish to supplement their high school classes by enrolling in courses at the Lehigh Valley campus should submit the following information to the Lehigh Valley campus Admissions Officer.
- An application as a non-degree student
- An official transcript of his/her high school grades
- A letter from the appropriate high school official recommending the student in college level courses and a recommendation that he/she has the potential to achieve success in the courses approved
- The applicant should visit the campus at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester in which he/she wishes to enroll to meet with the admissions officer and to tour the facilities.
- A form authorizing release of grades to the high school official
Students shall not register for more than eight (8) credits per semester.
- Students shall be required to meet regularly with the admissions officer or designate.
- At the end of each semester the students' instructors and Admissions Officer or designate will be consulted regarding an evaluation of students' progress.
- Students will be responsible for scheduling courses in such a way as not to interfere with high school classes required for graduation.
- Students will be enrolled on space-available basis each semester.
For additional information regarding dual enrollment at Penn State Lehigh Valley, contact:
Director of Admissions
610-285-5046 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A pioneering dual-enrollment program which combines interactive university-level classroom learning and observation in a health care setting.
This dual-enrollment program combines interactive, university-level classroom learning and job shadowing in an engineering setting.